how to tell if your allergic to jewelry

Best answer


If you are allergic to the metal (or other material) that your jewelry is made of, then you鈥檒l be most likely to notice symptoms that includeitching, redness, and a rash on or near the part of the skin that was in contact with the jewelry. You may also experience dry patches of skin, swelling, and blisters.

People also ask


  • What are the symptoms of an allergic reaction to jewelry?

  • This reaction is commonly known as contact dermatitis, and its main symptom is a red, itchy rash. While this rash isn鈥檛 contagious or life-threatening, it can be very uncomfortable. Most jewelry allergies are caused by the metal nickel, which is used as the base metal for many inexpensive pieces of jewelry.

  • What kind of jewelry should you wear if you鈥檙e allergic to metal?

  • If you鈥檙e allergic to nickel, cobalt or chromates, Dr. Anthony suggests swapping costume jewelry for jewelry made from higher-quality metals. Metals less likely to cause a reaction include:

  • Are there any hypoallergenic jewelry options?

  • There are many hypoallergenic jewelry options available, especially with increasing awareness about metal allergies. An allergic reaction arises as a result of crystal-like flakes of the metal penetrating the skin after the metal gets wet, especially through perspiration. The result may be itching or red dots or swelling and extreme discomfort.

  • How do you know if you have a metal allergy?

  • The result: redness, itching, swelling or a rash, with skin blistering or scaling at the site. The symptoms of metal allergy range from mild to severe. Each time you鈥檙e re-exposed to the offending metal, your skin reacts in the same way. The metals that are most likely to cause problems

    Be the first to comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published.


    *