how to tell if your allergic to jewelry

Best answer


If you are allergic to the metal (or other material) that your jewelry is made of, then you鈥檒l be most likely to notice symptoms that includeitching, redness, and a rash on or near the part of the skin that was in contact with the jewelry. You may also experience dry patches of skin, swelling, and blisters.

People also ask


  • What are the symptoms of an allergic reaction to jewelry?

  • This reaction is commonly known as contact dermatitis, and its main symptom is a red, itchy rash. While this rash isn鈥檛 contagious or life-threatening, it can be very uncomfortable. Most jewelry allergies are caused by the metal nickel, which is used as the base metal for many inexpensive pieces of jewelry.

  • Is it safe to wear expensive jewelry if you have allergies?

  • Here are some ways you can continue to wear inexpensive jewelry and keep your skin safe at the same time: If you鈥檙e allergic to a specific metal, be sure to check that the jewelry you plan to buy does not contain that metal.

  • How to know if you have nickel allergy?

  • Nickel allergy 1 Overview. Nickel allergy is a common cause of allergic contact dermatitis 鈥?an itchy rash that appears where your skin touches a usually harmless substance. 2 Symptoms. An allergic reaction (contact dermatitis) usually begins within hours to days after exposure to nickel. 3 Causes. … 4 Risk factors. … 5 Prevention. …

  • Are there any hypoallergenic jewelry options?

  • There are many hypoallergenic jewelry options available, especially with increasing awareness about metal allergies. An allergic reaction arises as a result of crystal-like flakes of the metal penetrating the skin after the metal gets wet, especially through perspiration. The result may be itching or red dots or swelling and extreme discomfort.

    Be the first to comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published.


    *