People also ask
What are the symptoms of an allergic reaction to jewelry?
This reaction is commonly known as contact dermatitis, and its main symptom is a red, itchy rash. While this rash isn鈥檛 contagious or life-threatening, it can be very uncomfortable. Most jewelry allergies are caused by the metal nickel, which is used as the base metal for many inexpensive pieces of jewelry.
Can you wear jewelry if you are allergic to nickel?
If a good piece of jewelry that you wear daily — such as a wedding ring — causes a reaction, ask a jeweler about having it plated in a less-allergic metal, such as platinum. 7. If you’re extremely sensitive to nickel, you may also need to avoid nickel-rich foods such as mixed nuts and chocolate.
How do I know if I’m allergic to nickel?
If you’re allergic to nickel, your skin will likely show a reaction after that amount of time. In some cases, you’ll need more tests. Once a nickel allergy develops, it often lasts your whole life. But there are ways to ease your symptoms. The most important thing you can do is avoid contact with objects that can cause a reaction.
What happens if you leave a nickel ring on your skin?
Sometimes blisters follow. They may break, leaving crusts and scales. If left untreated, your skin may become darker, leathery, and cracked. Most likely, the rash is only on the part of your skin in direct contact with the nickel. In serious cases, the rash may spread.
Leave a Reply